Sunday, July 5, 2009

General Convention - And so it begins...

7-5-09: Jeannie and I arrived on July 4 in Anaheim and had an early dinner (even by Memphis timezone standards.) By 8:30 p.m. we were back in our Marriott Hotel room. Standing on our 10th floor balcony, I looked to the East as fireworks lit up the wide horizon of the California skyline. This morning I went to work out in the hotel's fitness center and luxuriated in the realization that few of the total number of deputies from around the Church had yet arrived. All that is to say, I found it relatively easy this morning to get an exercise bike. So we arrived to fireworks, began with a good workout, and I now look forward to lighting up the sky with what I hope is the light of another kind in the days ahead. Others in the past have looked to the East for light to guide them. I anticipate that we will join in this same spirit and look for the light that will point us to where Jesus will be found again, a light to enlighten the nations. Keep us in your prayers as we will be holding you there as well. Blessings, +Don

No comments: